Sonia Simone got a fascinating question on Twitter: How do I handle a mismatch between my writing voice and my company’s writing voice? Is there any way to reconcile?
Voice is one of those things writers obsess over — how to make it stronger, clearer, more distinctive. Voice is what makes your writing different from anyone else’s — while still getting your point across.
Your writing voice can be your greatest strength as a content creator, or your greatest barrier to successful communication.
In this 16-minute episode of Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer, host Sonia Simone talks about:
- Her thoughts on how to make your voice stronger
- How to use a journal (Sonia’s preference is paper & ink) to build your writing voice
- That line between being professional and just being dull
- The role of a strong voice when you’re writing for an organization
- How editing makes you 100 times more brilliant than you really are
- The difference (as Sonia sees it) between healthy controversy and tiresome drama
Confessions of a Pink-Haired Marketer on iTunes
The post A Question of (Writing) Voice: How to Strengthen It, How to Shape It appeared first on Copyblogger.