Bestselling author and prolific lit interviewer Brad Listi was named “One of LA’s most fascinating people of 2015” by the LA Weekly. He stopped by to chat with Kelton Reid about podcasting and the secrets of successful writers.
On his “in depth and inappropriate” podcast, Otherppl with Brad Listi, he has interviewed more than 350 leading contemporary authors — including George Saunders, Cheryl Strayed, Tao Lin, Jonathan Lethem, Austin Kleon, and Susan Orlean — and his takeaways for writers are often priceless and pointed.
In addition to his street cred as a bestselling novelist, Brad is a screenwriter, and the founder and publisher of The Nervous Breakdown, an online culture magazine and literary community.
In this file, Brad Listi and Kelton Reid discuss:
- Why interviews with beginners can be more interesting than interviews with superstars
- The magic of deadlines, caffeine, and word counts
- Why first drafts are like ironing a shirt
- The importance of meditation for ‘unplugging’
- How great writers capture a moment that others can’t
- Three key takeaways from more than 350 interviews with writers
The Writer Files on iTunes
The post How Novelist and Prolific Podcaster Brad Listi Writes appeared first on Copyblogger.