Litigation isn’t something any of us want to think about, but having to put a plan together when the time comes isn’t an option.
Johnny Lee is a Managing Director at Grant Thornton, forensic investigator, and licensed attorney. He shares his expertise with us to help small businesses gain a better understanding of what eDiscovery and records retention is, and why — from a legal perspective — it’s important for us to have a basic plan in place to protect our businesses.
Here’s a short primer on handling electronic records, like email, so we can be prepared.
In this 20-minute episode of Technology Translated, host Scott Ellis and Johnny Lee discuss:
- What is eDiscovery?
- If you’re an SMB, why should you care
- Understanding your risk profile
- How does email put your business at risk in litigation
- How does eDiscovery impact a company who is vendor to a company being sued
- What happens if you find out you’re being sued and start deleting email you don’t want discovered
- How to put some protection in place
- How you can use automation to make managing records easier
- Johnny’s two pieces of advice for any SMB
Technology Translated on iTunes
The post Protecting Your Digital Business: A Primer on Small Business and the Law appeared first on Copyblogger.